Katia Van Egmond; Kristien Roelens; Marleen Temmerman;
- To improve the support of victims of gender-based violence
- To develop a protocol for cooperation between different hospital services as the emergencies, medical departments and social services.
- To develop a protocol for cooperation between a hospital and the family doctor, social workers outside the hospital, police, court.
- Development of a interdepartemental protocol
- Sensitisation of University Hospital of Ghent staff
- Training of social nurses
- A protocol for the acute support of victims of gender-based violence in de University Hospital of Ghent was developed.
- Doctors, medical students, nurses and social workers were sensitized for the problem of violence.
- Social nurses were trained on applying the protocol