Wouter Arrazola de Onate; Patricia Claeys; Marleen Temmerman;
- To improve the integration of the management of sexually transmitted infections and HIV in family planning programs in China by the development of a model to include the curative and preventive management of STI and HIV in the current reproductive health programmes.
- Organisation of a workshop to prepare a pilot course
- A Pilot Course was organised in China with the following objectives: 1) Transmitting knowledge to put the integration of STI management in FP settings into practice 2) To test didactic materials developed by the lecturers, to evaluate and finalise them.
- A workshop took place in Ghent attended by Chinese experts from different institutions.
- The course was attended by 60 professors, directors, chief physicians, physicians, medical officers, nurses in charge, pharmacists and technicians from all levels of the Family Planning structure in the Guangxi province.
- Didactic materials were evaluated and the training module finalised