International Centre for Reproductive Health Kenya is a Kenya-based Non-Governmental. ICRHK conducts research and intervention projects in Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), specifically in HIV/STI, Sexual and Gender-based Violence, Maternal and Child Health/Family Planning, and in Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health. ICRHK seeks to implement an Implementation Research Study, piloting a set of evidence-based innovations to improve maternal and child health outcomes in several counties in Kenya and using both qualitative and quantitative methods to evaluate the success of these innovations.
For this project, we are seeking a dedicated Senior Social Scientist who is also a qualitative researcher. This individual will coordinate and oversee day to day running of the studies. Working closely with a multidisciplinary team, he/she will design and lead qualitative research efforts for the studies. This will include:- 1) Overseeing data collection through focus group discussions, in-depth interviews, direct observation, etc 2) Lead in analysis of findings from the qualitative research work 3) Lead in the dissemination of results through internal and external reports, journal publications, and professional conference presentations. As an aside, the candidate will support the preparation of grant proposals and mentor upcoming researchers within the organization.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- At least a Master’s degree in – medical anthropology, medical sociology, public health, or a related field emphasizing qualitative research methods training.
- Skills or required:
- 5+ years experience in research involving human subjects
- 3+ years conducting in-depth interviewing, focus group discussions, and participant
- Experience working with stakeholders to design, author, and manage qualitative
- Strong organizational, planning, and problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team
- Proficiency with the following software: NVivo, Atlas.ti. Nudist, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), EndNote, or other citation software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills required.
- Willing to pursue a PhD or a DrPH
- At least one first-author publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Any of the following additional experience is preferred.
- Previous experience working with health care providers and
- Research plan development: development of research proposals, statistical analysis
- Coordination of multi-country studies and interventions
- Any experience with psychometrics and designing, administering or analyzing
- Any quantitative or statistical training or
Candidate must be able to:
- Assist with report creation, including writing, analysis, chart and table creation in Excel or
- Detailed note-taking during client calls and
- Able to effectively problem solve logistical issues and adjust on the Proactively identify issues and suggest solutions on how to make projects run more smoothly.
A full job description can be downloaded here:Senior-Research-Officer-Qualitative-Research-JD
Applicants must upload their application letter, an up-to-date CV with names and addresses of three referees and telephone contacts, and the biodata form on the ICRHK job application portal accessible on our website by the 10th August 2021.
ICRHK is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from appropriately qualified people from all sections of the community.
Previous applicants need not re-apply
ICRHK does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment.