Els Leye, Soetkin Bauwens; Isabelle Gillette-Faye; Khady Koita
- European Network for the Prevention and Eradication of Harmful Traditional Practices, in particular Female Genital Mutilation (EuroNet-FGM)
- Groupement pour l’Abolition des Mutilations Sexuelles (GAMS), France
- To disseminate and take further the results of former Daphne projects through one basic IEC tool for the prevention of FGM
- To test the results produced by former Daphne projects on female genital mutilation
- To exchange good practices of other Daphne projects as well as succesful projects from Africa that focus on behaviour change
- To disseminate the results to all EU Member States through a IEC tool
- To reinforce the Network and build the capacity of its members
- First steering committee with ICRH, the Board of the Network and GAMS-France
- Collection and review of IEC tools produced in the Daphne projects, activity to be performed by ICRH and GAMS-France
- First workshop for EuroNet-FGM members to assess the review of the tools
- Second steering committee meeting with ICRH, the Board of the Network and GAMS-France
- Second workshop for EuroNet-FGM members to discuss behaviour change projects from Africa and Europe and to discuss the content of the draft booklet
- Finalisation, production and translation of the booklet
- Dissemination of the booklet by the (all) member organisations of the Network.
- Informative booklet “Behaviour change towards female genital mutilation: lessons learned from Africa and Europe” (Els Leye, Soetkin Bauwens and Owolabi Bjälkander). The publication gives a review of former Daphne projects and successful projects in Africa on behaviour change strategies, and is available in English, French and Somali.